Sunday, September 7, 2008

More Bham Artwalk Stuff

It is amazing to me that I have not started collecting artwork until this summer. I guess I just thought that the upkeep - space and framing - let alone the cost of artwork was just over my head. I now realize that I am willing to spend money on art that speaks to me and well, as for space and money for framing, I'm more committed to the idea of being a collector. I am so thrilled to be framing. So this weekend I purchased a linocut print of the great Majestic Diner in Atlanta.


It's a small print and I just realized she had a larger one on her site of the whole side of the building. Oh well, probably wouldn't have been able to afford it anyway.


The drawings are so precise and technical. Alot of work. Julie, any new rubberstamps? Can't wait to get the napkins...they will get framed ofcourse!

Bridget just reminded me of a project/website called 20x200
where the artists sell small prints for $20, medium prints for $200, and large limited edition prints for $2000. Such an amazing idea. Props to Jen Beckman. I am pretty sure there is a print I want to purchase on that site so I will save for it. Better not sell out. I'll tell you once I get it. I like the idea of The Hand Project by Jason Polan. And I love these sold out prints by Ken Rogowski!


That's it for now. I'm exhausted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jackie, will you post the website of the artist who did your majestic print?

Anonymous said...

ok, i see it now. light blue text.