Tuesday, September 2, 2008

DAVID BYRNE ORGAN



One of the most memorable experiences I had while I was visiting new york was a performance on David Byrne's Organ installed in the Maritime Building, an old south ferry station. It was captivating and meditative as we listened to the building sing, literally. The building was connected to the organ by wires so as keys were pressed sounds were made elsewhere in the building- clacking inside walls, whistling through columns, noise from the ceiling...a orchestra of noise! It was one of those moments where I felt I was in the right place at the right time- and time stood still- though above the sun was setting over the city into nightfall. So special. If you want to read more about it, click here for an article from the NYTimes.

I took those photos above during the performance as well as a few other artsy shots I was inspired to take in the space...the first I call "footsies" and a couple of abstract photos of my legs...homage to georgia o'keefe.




My legs are so marred. You can see a scratch and a giant welt of a spider bite!

No comments: