Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Inauguration of President Obama

My Trip to the Washington Mall to Experience the Inauguration of Pres. Barrack Obama from Dustin Bolton on Vimeo.

On a whim, after, oh maybe 5 minutes of deliberating if I would drive 5 hours from Lil' Cumberland Island to Atlanta or a mere 4 more hours (total about a 9 hour drive) to DC for the Inauguration. It was DC all the way! I called up the first person I thought would be up for a spontaneous trip and after 5 minutes of consideration, he obliged to meet me half way in SC. What an experience to hold on to for the rest of my life. I am thankful to the many things that came together along the way to have made this trip possible and so now I can share this video Dustin made to document this amazing moment in our history.

I would not call myself a "political" person in that I have kind of given up on the fact that I will never know enough to really have an authentic say in political matters. I just always feel mildly informed mostly from the lack of time to read all that I would need to feel informed. I could possibly wish for political movement upwards on my priority list but using my hands or taking a walk seems to trumph political inundation everyday. What I do know is that in the hopes of a new era of peace in our world and positive change in our country's history, I believe in the change that Barack Obama promises to bring and have hope in his leadership to guide us through these next few years.

That's all I've got. Peace and Love.

1 comment:

100percentjulie said...

it was absolutely great to watch this video! thank you jackie, thank you dustin! wow. very very cool. i almost want to say "the more information, the better. always." just because it's not only in writing and not only in stills. it's a video and from that, you can get a really good idea of what it was like for you being over there!!!!
other than that, i got chills from overwhelmingly powerful emotion of everyone having so much belief and faith in this change. i do hope, and i say this with a hesitant heart from previous burns (aka bush), that the next years will be very good.
thank you very much for sharing